Oxfam is dedicated to fighting poverty and inequity worldwide. The international and independent development and humanitarian organization tackles poverty in four main ways: sustainable development in poor communities, disaster relief, local and global advocacy, and education with Hong Kong youth. Established in Hong Kong in1976, Oxfam Hong Kong is a founding member of Oxfam, an international confederation that has assisted poor people in 92 countries. Oxfam Hong Kong alone has supported poor people in over 70 countries/regions.
We are recruiting the following position:
(1-position, based in Beijing office)
The Assistant Programme Officer——Gender is a member of the Programme Quality Support Team. S/he reports to the Manager —— Programme Quality Support and works with members of gender team, different teams in China Programme Unit，different Units and other Oxfams.
A. Main Responsibilities
1. Specially assigned by the Manager of Programme Quality Support to work in the gender team;
2. Under the guidance of the Manager of Programme Quality Support to support the cross-team gender mainstreaming work within China Unit, and the gender program in general;
3. Contribute to projects or partnership development according to the processes and procedures of strategic planning, annual plan, relevant programme/project policies, administration and management requirements;
4. Provide support to the cross-team gender mainstreaming work within China Unit according to the gender mainstreaming guidelines, ranging from facilitating strategic analysis and program design in gender intervention, to gender mainstreaming in accountability and learning.
B. Requirements of the person:
1. Commit to Oxfam’s mission and vision, especially gender justice and participatory development.
2. Strategic, critical and practical knowledge of gender analysis and intervention, especially the empowerment approaches of women.
3. At least 1-2 years of NGO working experiences in gender program, with the specialty of promotion of women’s rights and empowerment.
4. Mature, reliable, responsible, self-motivated, with the potential to work independently.
5. Possesses strong capacity to collaborate with people with diverse background in team work.
6. Fluency in written Chinese and spoken Putonghua is a must. Have knowledge of English is desirable
7. Ability to travel frequently as required.
Oxfam will provide the staff with generous welfare:
1. Twenty days Annual Leave each year.
2. Two days Paid Sick Leave each month.
3. Five days Compassionate Leave each year.
4. The Staff Incentive and Recognition Programme’s leave.
5. Other leaves in addition to the legal holidays.
6. Business Insurance in addition tofive insurance and one fund.
7. Staff self-development training support.
Closing date: 15th March, 2013
Please send your application with Chinese and English CV indicating the expected salary and available date to the Human Resource team: firstname.lastname@example.org or Oxfamchinahr@163.com . Please indicate your name and position applying for at the email subject line, and tell us where you read the advertisement. (Applicants who are not invited for interview within one month after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.)
All information provided will only be used for recruitment related purpose. More information about our organization is available on our websites: