Oxfam is dedicated to fighting poverty and inequity worldwide. The international and independent development and humanitarian organization tackles poverty in four main ways: sustainable development in poor communities, disaster relief, local and global advocacy, and education with Hong Kong youth. Established in Hong Kong in1976, Oxfam Hong Kong is a founding member of Oxfam, an international confederation that has assisted poor people in 92 countries. Oxfam Hong Kong alone has supported poor people in over 70 countries/regions.
We are recruiting the following position:
(1-position, 3-year contract, based in Beijing office)
Assistant Communications Officer (On-line) is a member of Communications Team, and reports to Senior Communications Manager. S/he is required to work closely and collaborate with members of Fundraising and Communications Unit, China Programme Unit as well as Oxfam International and Affiliates.
A. Main Responsibilities
1. To develop the overall strategies for on-line communications work in the mainland China, together with other concerned fellow colleagues, teams and units of Oxfam Hong Kong;
2. To deliver the agreed strategies and operational plans with fellow colleague(s);
3. To promote brand recognition, positive profiling and public support for Oxfam Hong Kong and its work in the mainland China through on-line communications, especially social media;
4. To provide on-line-related support for Oxfam Hong Kong’s programmes, advocacy/campaign and communications work through such as providing on-line communications strategic advice and organizing related trainings;
5. To research and produce original content and various tools for Oxfam Hong Kong’s on-line platform(s) targeting the mainland China;
6. To assist team in facilitating internal communications with related teams and units of Oxfam Hong Kong;
7. To undertake any duties, as appropriate to the post, as delegated by the line-manager.
B. Requirements of the person:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of and identification with the values of OHK;
2. Basic knowledge about the civil society and non-profit sector in China.
1. Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills;
2. Ability to work both in team and independently;
3. Ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines;
4. Creative mindset, well-versed in social media development.
1. 1-year working experience in Chinese/international NGO is required;
2. 2-year working experience in internet/social media related job is required;
3. Ability to travel frequently as required.
We will provide the staff with generous welfare:
1. Twenty days Annual Leave each year.
2. Two days Paid Sick Leave each month.
3. Five days Compassionate Leave each year.
4. The Staff Incentive and Recognition Programme’s leave.
5. Other leaves in addition to the legal holidays.
6. Business Insurance in addition to five insurance and one fund.
7. Staff self-development training support.
Closing date: 21 June, 2013
Please send your application with Chinese and English CV indicating the expected salary and available date to HR team: email@example.com or Oxfamchinahr@163.com . Please indicate your name and position applying for at the email subject line, and tell us where you read the advertisement. (Applicants who are not invited for interview within one month after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.)
All information provided will only be used for recruitment related purpose. More information about our organization is available on our websites: