Oxfam is dedicated to fighting poverty and inequity worldwide. The international and independent development and humanitarian organization tackles poverty in four main ways: sustainable development in poor communities, disaster relief, local and global advocacy, and education with Hong Kong youth. Established in Hong Kong in1976, Oxfam Hong Kong is a founding member of Oxfam, an international confederation that has assisted poor people in 92 countries. Oxfam Hong Kong alone has supported poor people in over 70 countries/regions.
We are recruiting the following position:
(1-position, 3-year contract, based in Beijing office)
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) (Overseas) Assistant Campaign Officer is a member of CSR team, and reports to CSR Advocacy Manger. S/he is required to work closely and collaborate with CSR Team members, and other teams of Oxfam Hong Kong (OHK), as well as Oxfam International and Affiliates.
A. Main Responsibilities
1. To contribute to the development of overall advocacy/campaign strategies for the CSR work, together with other concerned fellow colleagues, teams and units of OHK;
2. To contribute to the delivery of the agreed strategies and operation plans with fellow colleague(s);
3. To conduct research on CSR issues;
4. To help build and consolidate relationship and/or partnerships with concerned stakeholders such as government departments, enterprises, think tanks, researchers and civil society organizations, as required by the operation plans;
5. To help coordinate the priorities and concerted efforts among relevant units in OHK and Oxfam International and Affiliates through proactive and effective communications;
6. To provide support for policy initiatives of OHK’s partners;
7. To undertake any duties, as appropriate to the post, as delegated by the line-manager.
B. Requirements of the person:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of and identification with the values of OHK;
2. Good knowledge in CSR issues;
3. Good knowledge in Chinese overseas investment;
4. Basic knowledge about the civil society and non-profit sector in China.
5. Knowledge and experience in other developing countries, especially in Africa and the Mekong region are an advantage.
1. Strategic thinking and analytical skills;
2. Good project management skills and experience;
3. Good oral and written communication and presentation skills;
4. Good command of English and Chinese (Mandarin) use;
5. Ability to work both in team and independently;
6. Proficient skills in Microsoft office applications;
7. Ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines.
1. Work experience in Chinese/international civil society organizations is an asset;
2. Preferably Bachelor degree in development studies or other related social sciences;
3. Ability to travel frequently as required.
We will provide the staff with generous welfare:
1. Twenty days Annual Leave each year.
2. Two days Paid Sick Leave each month.
3. Five days Compassionate Leave each year.
4. The Staff Incentive and Recognition Programme’s leave.
5. Other leaves in addition to the legal holidays.
6. Business Insurance in addition to five insurance and one fund.
7. Staff self-development training support.
Closing date: 2013/07/31 Wednesday
Please send your application with Chinese and English CV indicating the expected salary and available date to HR team: firstname.lastname@example.org or Oxfamchinahr@163.com . Please indicate your name and position applying for at the email subject line, and tell us where you read the advertisement. (Applicants who are not invited for interview within one month after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.)